Autorizacion De Regreso (España)

My teaching contract in Spain is coming to an end, which means my TIE residency card will expire.  I will be teaching next year in Madrid but I have to go through the paperwork again.  So, I am in the process of renewing my TIE card but I will not receive a new card for 3-4 months and I will also be heading back to NY for 2 months.

So what will happen when I come back from NY and try to enter Spain?  Will they let me in without any problems? Probably, but I am taking the necessary precautions to avoid any trouble.

If you are leaving the country with an expired TIE or haven’t received your card yet and plan on returing within  3 months, then you should get an Autorización de Regreso.  If they give you any problems at the airport you can show them this form, they will stamp it and let you pass.

Here is what you need:

Application EX13

Passport. Bring your original hard copy and a photocopy of the main page.

NIE.  Bring your original TIE card and a photocopy of both sides of the card.

A photocopy of your plane reservations. Although they don’t really look at these it is wise to bring them.

Receipt from Tasa Modelo 790 Codigo 012.  You must pick up a  tasa form from any police station because the online version is not accepted.   The tasa fee was 10.10 this year; you can pay the tasa at any bank in Spain.

Your EX-00 Solicitude de Autorización de Estancia y Prorrogas that has been accepted and stamped or sealed with a sticker.  [See Renewing the TIE Part 1.]

A printout of your appointment confirmation.

Next move:

Make an appointment here. This is how you make the appointment: Select “Madrid” (or your province) and “Autorizaciónes de Regreso” from the drop-down menus. Click “Entrar” at the bottom of the page, and then fill in your personal information. Select “Solicitar cita” to make an appointment and proceed from there. Do not forget to print out the confirmation!

The appointment will be at the Brigada Provincial de Extranjería y Documentación, Avenida de los Poblados S/N, 28024 Madrid (Metro Aluche)

filasI suggest arriving one hour in advance.  You do not have to wait in the long line outside of the building.  Instead go inside and make a right towards the spiral staircase.  Sometimes there is a line trailing all the way down, ask if it is the line for the regresso because it can sometimes be chaos up there and the information line meshes with the regreso line etc.  The autorización will be granted at the appointment if you bring all of the required documents.  If you go towards the summer months be prepared for hour long wait times.

The autorización is valid for three months as of the date of issue, only one exit and entry, and serves for any trips you might make outside of Spain during the three months. If they take it and stamp it at the airport, train station, or bus station you will not be able to use it again and will have to request another autorización for any trips you take outside of Spain while your NIE is expired. So, if you are not asked for the autorización, do not give it because it can be used again (within the 3 months) if it is not stamped or taken.

Buena suerte!


5 thoughts on “Autorizacion De Regreso (España)

  1. ^^ luck of the draw. last year i got the Autorizacion de Regreso form, but was never asked for it on reentry . This year i got asked for it, and not having got one, I was held back and screamed at by an official for about 30 minutes before they ended up letting me through passport check = /

  2. Hi, I have a question about the tasa… last year I paid the 10.10€ tasa but did not send the application. I never went to apply for my money back, so is it possible to use it this year?

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s